Goodwell Investments is a pioneering impact investment firm focused on financial inclusion and inclusive growth. We invest in sectors providing basic goods and services or income generation opportunities to the underserved. Since 2006 Goodwell has raised five private equity funds with over $150m in capital. We invest in early and growth-stage businesses in India and Africa. Our 30+ portfolio companies reach over 28 million households and employ more than 33,000 employees. Goodwell is a truly global, locally present firm. We have teams or JV partners in India, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya and The Netherlands.
The position of Operations Manager is new within our company. We seek a senior manager with the skill and enthusiasm to shape this position to join our team in Amsterdam. The Operations Manager will be a member of our management team and report directly to the Managing Partners.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operational aspects of Goodwell’s business, ranging from fundraising and investor relations to investments. This includes quality control and supervision of the closing and execution of transactions, overseeing outsourced fund administration and legal suppliers, managing reporting processes, steering timely and smooth financial audits, legal and compliance matters, regulatory affairs, finance and administration, IT and Risk Management. Working with two direct reports, the Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for a continuous process of efficiency improvements.
• Owning responsibility for annual planning and timely implementation of all key operational business processes.
• Fundraising and Investor Relations: ensuring a smooth and efficient onboarding of new investors as to optimise the investor experience.
• Investments: overseeing quality control and supervising the of the closing of investments, with frequent optimisation of processes, procedures and checklists.
• Holding overall responsibility for high quality and up-to-date operations manuals.
• Overseeing the adequate provision of services by suppliers in the areas of (fund) administration, legal, compliance, tax, audit and insurance.
• Ensuring SLA’s or Engagement Letters are in place and frequently reviewed and renewed.
• Managing bank relations.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Overseeing the timelines and quality of all reporting processes.
• Holding responsibility for monitoring and reporting software and system.
Finance and administration
• Overseeing and actively steering the annual audits of all Goodwell entities and investment vehicles.
• Managing the finance and administration of Goodwell’s corporate business, including financial forecasting, management reporting, management fee calculations and cash flow management.
Legal, compliance and regulatory affairs
• Managing compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory affairs, with the support of external suppliers and Goodwell’s Legal and Compliance Officer.
• Maintaining and implementing of Goodwell’s Risk Management Framework.
• Planning for business continuity.
• Monitoring IT needs, contracting IT and software suppliers and overseeing the adequate provision of services, including cybersecurity.
Education and working experience
• 8-10 years’ of working experience in the investment management or banking industry, with minimum of 3-4 years in an operations or business management role
• Bachelor’s, Master’s or similar degree in economics or business administration
• 2+ years of management experience
Knowledge and skills
• NIBE WFT Basis Certificate or willingness to obtain as soon as possible
• Basic experience with financial modelling and financial reporting processes
• Basic experience with risk management
• Experience developing operational frameworks
• Proficient with MS Office suite
• Native Dutch speaker and proficient in English
• Meticulous, high level of accuracy
• Passion for operations, structuring and a dislike of clutter
• Able to handle multiple projects or processes simultaneously
• Interest in sustainable investments or investments in emerging markets
• Pro-active team member, interested in working in an international setting
• Ability to navigate between different teams and cultures
• Excellent communication skills
• Willing and able to pro-actively provide and receive constructive feedback
Our team of 22 represents 12 nationalities. Therefore, the ability to navigate efficiently and empathetically between different teams and cultures is required. Promoting company values, contributing to a positive culture, and supporting a happy workplace is expected of all Goodwell Investments employees.
• Joining Goodwell means you will be joining an international and inclusive culture, where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve ambitious goals.
• A market-related salary
• 35 days of leave per year
• Opportunity for personal development (including training)
• Flexible work hours based on a full time (40) work week
If you can picture yourself in the above role, then we would love to hear from. To apply, please send your CV to HRM@goodwell.nl – with the reference ‘Operations Manager’ – along with a short motivation video via WeTransfer. The video gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a unique way. The video should be no longer than one minute. Please send this via WeTransfer to HRM@goodwell.nl, including your name and the reference ‘Operations Manager’. Both CV and video need to be received in order for your application to be considered.
Please note: the application deadline is 18 February 2021.